One of the best ways to grow as a follower of Jesus is to become aware of His daily interactions with us. An Examen reflects backward, names experiences, and looks forward with prayer.
- Become aware of God’s Presence in the present moment. Ask Holy Spirit to bring clarity amidst the blur of activity.
- Remember the day with Gratitude. What delights and Joys? See God’s gifts. Give thanks.
- What was Life Giving and Life Draining? How is God speaking through the emotions that arise? Anything to Repent of? Any new direction?
- One thing God thought was important in your day. Pray about it.
- Look Toward Tomorrow – As you imagine this next moment (or tomorrow), turn it into a prayer.